Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Agog over aGarbage bin???


On a Thursday morning a Kancil with a "P" crashed into my Hardy lidless dustbin and broke it into several pieces. That black dustbin had served me for a good eight years since i inherited it from the previous house owner.

THe Indian women driving the car was so distraught i didn't have the heart to tell her to replace the dustbin. So i forked out RM15 to buy a shiny new garbage bin. I was afraid that it would be stolen, so i kept it inside the compound. Only when the rubbish truck trundles along, I'd move the bin out. But it was too troublesome to move the bin in and out of the house. Besides, i didn't want to miss the truck or i would have 4 days worth of rubbish rotting in the bin.

After a couple of weeeks when the dustbin had acquired a sufficient degree of scruffiness, I decided to leave it outside the house. I thought it was safe but i was wrong. THieves aren't fooled by some dust and grime. *can you believe even a rubbish bin they wanna steal*. Well at least they know the value of things.. *Good for them claps*. I wasn't jus bidding farewell to RM15 but to the convenience of havin a proper refuse disposal system.

I felt like rushing out to the nearest hardware shop to buy another one but i knoew that it would only fall prey to those confounded crooks again.


NOw i had nowhere to throw my rubbish. Any bags left on the road will fall prey to stray dogs and cars, which will tear them up to rummage for food. The only alternative is the HEAVY BOXY rubbish bin which no dog or cat could overturn and no thief could cart away. But Chinese New Year was around the corner, and business were shuting down. Besides this type of bin costs a three digit amount. * just for a dustbin 3 digits? no way*. The mere thought of this heavy investment for a rubbish bin made my face and bowels CONSTIPATED..

SO where should i throw my rubbish without allowing the strays in the neighborhood to have a gala at my house expense? i checked out the neighbors to see what they're using. Most of them owned the expensive boxy bin but one of them used a different system; a TREE. He had hammered 2 big nails into the tree outside his house for hinging his rubbish as if it was some sort of Decor.

What a splendid idea. The tree outside my house has 2 short protruding branches i could see. ALtough there were at an awkward angle and made the bags appear as though they were reclining, it doesnt matter. WHen you're desperate, appearances don't count for much.

Sometimes i run out of space on the tree, and lets face it: cats can climb trees and get into the bags. I had a brainwave. There was a cracked pail in my bathroom which i could use as a bin. A thought that said "no one would wanna steal this Pathetic bucket covered with old asbestos sheet. It worked wonderfully for a day or two at least. the forst time i put it out, the rubbish collector cleared the bags from my pail.


The next 2 times when the rubbish truck came along, the collector missed it. Perhaps he though all the garbage was hanging on the
TREE and her didn't bother to check out the BRIGHT BLUE pail at a corner outside the gate. *he was indian*.
SO i moved the pail in front of the rubbish disposal tree so that it wouldn't be missed AGAIN!!They didn't overlokk it tis time. But instead they carted away EVERYTHING, including my pail!! BOOOO-HOOOO.... , there goes my rubbish BIN!!!! wHHheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I"M READY TO TEAR OUT MY HAIR AND THROW ALL THE RUBBISH ON THE ROAD!!!!

It looks like i haev no choice but to fork out a couples of hundred RIGGIT for a HEAVY-DUTY garbage bin. When you have crooks, scavenging animals and DIM-WITTED refuse collectors conspiring against you, there's really no other choice.. =.=

No comments: